We would like to thank all participants of the Student Symposium on Computational Genomics for the fantastic symposium!
Congratulations to Manvendra Singh (MDC, Berlin) for Best Oral Presentation Award and to Federico Marini (IMBEI, Mainz) for Best Poster Presentation Award!
The first Student Symposium on Computational Genomics took place on November 30th 2016 at the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) in Mainz, Germany.
The symposium is organized by enthusiastic PhD students and scheduled as a satellite event to the subsequent computational conference entitled “Challenges in Computational Biology: Gene Expression Data Analysis” starting the day after at the same location.
Our aim is to provide early career researchers the opportunity to present and discuss their work, challenges, and ideas within a scientific forum of peers and leading experts in the field of computational biology. The main topics include
- Systems biology of gene regulation
- Epigenomics, stem cell biology and differentiation
- Higher order chromatin structure
- Integration of multilevel datasets and prediction algorithms
- Denis Thieffry, IBENS Paris
- Uwe Ohler, MDC Berlin
- Judith Zaugg, EMBL Heidelberg
- Edda Klipp, HU Berlin